Knowledge. Awareness. Empowerment. These are the core components of REALTOR® Safety. And helping our members understand the risks they face can mean the difference between life and death.
To help remind us to know the dangers we face every day, to be aware of our surroundings, and empower ourselves with precautions and preparations so that we can avoid risky situations, and as part of NAR’s ongoing efforts to keep our members safe, we dedicate September to kick off safety efforts. This is just the start of our commitment to empowering our members. NAR has also developed REALTOR® Safety materials for use throughout year, including:
- New webinars on REALTOR® Safety, presented by industry experts.
- Quarterly safety messages focusing on seasonal tips for on the job and at home, sent to Associations and brokers to share with members.
- Expansion of client safety materials and resources
Register for CVAR’s Live Safety Class
CVAR is offering a live safety class. Learn how to limit risk to preserve safety and facilitate positive business outcomes. Topics include:
- Safety protocol for showing properties and listing appointments
- Understanding physical and instinctual response to threats or attacks
- Data security for your business and your clients
- Protecting personal and electronic information
Safe Business = Smart Business
Date: Friday, September 18
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
Location: Yeager Education Center
Safety Webinar Summit
September is REALTOR® Safety Month. This year, there will be four webinars presented by five noted safety experts. Click here to learn more and learn valuable tips to keep you safe in your job.
Date: Wednesday, September 9
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Remembering Beverly Carter
In this video Carl Carter, Jr. surviving son of REALTOR® Beverly Carter — who was kidnapped and murdered while showing a vacant house — shares 6 takeaways and life lessons he has learned from this tragedy.
Remember to stay safe when working in the field — remember Beverly!