The doors are open at all three CVAR offices. Get 10% off riders for the entire month of July. Masks are required!
Curbside purchases will continue to be available at all three locations, usually up until 4 p.m.; call to place an order: (909) 305-2827 and designate which location you will pick up your purchase (Glendora, South El Monte, Rancho Cucamonga). Please wear a mask. Staff continues to be available via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone: (909) 305-2827, during regular business hours.
Check out our CVAR.live for replays of classes regarding new forms (include COVID protocol), and more.
Eviction Process July 22 – Attorney Georgina Lepe discuss the latest on the eviction process during COVID-19, landlord/tenant rights; Tenant Protection Act of 2021, and more, on July 22. Register here for the free Zoom class.
Estate Mistakes – The replay of Attorney Paul Velasco’s class on the Most Common Estate Planning Mistakes will be available to view at CVAR.live channel as of Tuesday, July 20.
Forms Replay – Attorney-Broker-Professor Ed Estes provided an overview of new forms and revisions effective June 2021, including the CFPB eviction disclosure, the Fire Hardening disclosure for fire-prone areas, residential and lease listing agreements, buyer representation, broker compensation disclosures and more! Watch CVAR Connect for information on CVAR classes regarding the new Residential Purchase Agreement form (RPA) coming out late in 2021. See the replay of Prof. Estes’ class at CVAR.Live!
California: Masks still must be worn by the unvaccinated in public settings. In LA County as of July 18, all vaccinated and unvaccinated must wear masks indoors in public spaces.
Open Houses: Open houses are permitted in California, with restrictions. See the guidelines here.
See C.A.R.’s latest updates on Coronavirus COVID-19, call the new hotline for questions: (213) 351-8450.
CRMLS Update: Visit the CRMLS COVID-19 Resources page for up-to-date information affecting the real estate industry.
Go to CVAR.Live for free replays of our online classes & presentations!
(Includes sessions on COVID and new disclosure forms)
• PEAD for Showing Property – C.A.R. Asst. General Counsel Gov Hutchinson explained the Property Entry Advisory Declaration (PEAD) form, requirements for showing property (signatures required from anyone entering — appraiser, inspector, repairperson, buyer, agent, etc. — upcoming changes to Best Practices, and the new PEAD Pictogram you’re required to post on the door, in his Legal Update for @Home With CVAR. The entire replay is available on the CVAR.LIVE! channel or listen to the podcast at Citrus Valley REALTORS® Podcast.
To access the forms, sign in at CAR.org
• Showing Best Practices Guidelines– The state’s guidance includes a prevention plan that real estate and rental agents must provide to clients, appraisers, inspectors, stagers, purchasing agents and contractors, and obtain their agreement (signature) to follow the plan prior to entering the property. The Industry Guidance document details physical distancing and cleaning/disinfecting practices REALTORS® must follow when showing properties. The updated best practices guidelines are now available on car.org and in zipForm®.
Real estate and rental agents must provide a digital copy of the COVID-19 prevention plan to clients, appraisers, inspectors, stagers, purchasing agents and contractors and obtain their agreement to follow the plan prior to entering the property. See the Showing Guidelines pdf and the checklist for real estate here.
• More From IRS – The IRS reminds employers affected by COVID-19 that three important credits are available to them, Employee Retention Credit, designed to encourage businesses to keep employees on their payroll; Paid Sick Leave Credit, (updated Jan. 28, 2021) and Family Leave Credit. The IRS news releases and fact sheets, in English and Spanish. For info on all these programs and more click here.
• Free Test: Find a testing site in CA with this link. Or in Los Angeles County, COVID testing appointments are no longer required but are available to any resident of the county, with or without symptoms of COVID-19.
• Gov Hutchinson’s Legal Update; Top 10 Questions REALTORS® are asking about CRMLS’ New Clear Cooperation Policy, and much more, on our Citrus Valley REALTORS® Podcast.