If you work in real estate, you chose one of the happiest careers, according to a new survey of more than 60,000 employees from 13 different industries. Real estate ranked number 2, behind consumer products and services, in TINYpulse’s “2016 Best Industry Rankings” survey, which studied employee engagement and satisfaction across 13 industries.
TINYpulse’s study found three themes emerging among this year’s most satisfied workers:
- “Culture is key”: Happy employees tend to boast about having great teammates and management that displays transparency.
- “It’s not where they start; it’s where they finish”: Employees need to feel like they have a place for advancement.
- “Employees want to have a say”: Employees want to feel like their company values feedback and take it seriously.
Here’s how the 13 industries analyzed stacked up against one another, ranked from happiest to least happy.
- Consumer Products & Services
- Real Estate
- Technology & Software
- Finance & Insurance
- Arts & Entertainment
- Construction & Facilities Services
- Healthcare, Pharma & Biotech
- Professional Services & Consulting
- Government & Nonprofit
- Energy, Mining & Utilities
Source: Real Estate Ranked Second-Happiest Industry (realtor.org, February 3)